Friday, March 11, 2016

Of A Birthday..

So another birthday has passed.. leaving me with a head full of reminiscence and a broken bout of reticence. Despite how hard I try to see it as just another day, my mood is lifted on and around my birthday - betraying the placid demeanor I endeavor to exhibit on a daily basis. Which got me thinking; what is it about a birthday that excites me?

Perhaps it is the waves of joyful recollections from the yesteryears. Perhaps it is the well wishes from the many wonderful people I've come to know over the course of my life? Perhaps the humbling realization of how blessed I am to have truly lived another year of my life. Then again... perhaps it is a bit of all - joyful recollections triggered by thoughts of the wonderful people in my life to remind me of how blessed I really am in this life.

Another day it may be.. but one that never fails to bring to mind all that is truly important in life.


No comments: