Saturday, January 4, 2014

Our Powderful English

Some time ago, I mentioned to a group of friends (of fellow Malaysians that is.. not gonna mention names though lol) that I felt some of the best speakers of the English language I've heard are Malaysians. As soon as I made this comment I received blank "do you even know what you're saying?" looks. Of course, then I didn't have anything to back up my observation so I decided to drop the topic... till now. A recent study conducted by the international education company EF (Education First) ranked Malaysia 11th in the world for English proficiency (from 13th in 2012) and - #1 in Asia!

Download the 2013 EF Report here

NST's article on the subject

First post of 2014.. first post in a LONG while.

Oh.. and Happy New Year people.

No comments: