Saturday, August 15, 2015

Doors

Tough these times are. While half my head struggles to grasp the reality of this economic downturn and what may lie ahead; the other half is riddled with a daily dose of political drama. So many words lay spoken, yet most don't have the substance to stand on their own and are somehow still audible as they are carried along and amplified by substantial congregations of imprudence.

Shall I simply accept that it is only natural that times like this bring out the worst in men? That even those entrusted with the management of our present and future can err at such times, and not be held liable for their shortcomings? Is it okay if I refuse to jump onto any of the ragged bandwagons on offer thus far? That I have reached a point where I cannot place blind faith on any individuals that masquerade as leaders today, or had so yesterday? That I am sick and tired of political ventures being associated with economic investments, and yearn for statesmen who recognize that politics is a service, and one that the elected few are privileged to carry out?

Perhaps I can take solace in the fact that in the middle and muddle of all this drama, there are still a good number of doors many of us can still ponder upon; if we are willing to seek their respective doorsteps. Although.. I can only pray that the doors we do end up taking lead to many more, and our future generations are not left with a lack of such options.. at least, not too soon.

No comments: